In last week's This Week at St Timothy's, John Roberts announced his call to serve as chaplain at Canterbury School in Greensboro. Again, I wish to say how grateful we are to John and his ministry here over the past four years. His new call is a good kind of good-bye. He is following God's call which means he will serve in a new context, but he isn't exactly leaving us. He is getting married at St Timothy's in September and we will always be a parish home for both John and Hannah Marie.
I mentioned last week that I would share some information on what is next for us. The following is a preview of God's provision for us:
- The Vestry and I are exploring calling a priest to St Timothy's. The monetary difference between replacing John and the minimum salary package for a priest in this diocese is around $18,000. This is our best chance to act on a much needed call.
- Katie Harper has been contracted through February to continue as volunteer specialist and she will coordinate Youth Formation on Wednesdays nights. Katie has worked with the youth both on Wednesday nights and on mission trips.
- Youth Sunday School will continue with the same leaders as last year.
- The youth will not be forgotten and I am very pleased with the growing support network that currently exists between Katie Harper and our adult volunteers. We are in really good shape. There is a sound foundation to build on.
- Becky Johnston has been hired as the new program director by the the Abraham Project board.
- The Young Adult Small Group will continue. We are currently exploring leadership and venues.
I will continue to keep you up-to-date on all ministry developments. This amazing opportunity for John is also an amazing opportunity for us. Grace abounds and we give thanks!
Fr Steve Rice